PE and sport premium
PE and Sport Funding
The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games gave us an exciting opportunity to inspire the nation to enjoy sport. The government wants to secure a significant and lasting legacy from the games, and to develop children’s enjoyment of sport and physical activity from an early age. As a result they have provided additional funding improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
We truly believe that sport should be an important part of our school. Great schools have long known that sporting excellence and participation go hand in hand with high academic standards.
Schools, teachers and sporting bodies all agree that particular support is required for primary schools and this funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport.
We are using our PE and Sport Grant (PESG) to improve our provision and to inspire our children not only to participate now but to develop a lifelong enjoyment of physical activity and sport. We already have wonderful facilities for indoor and outdoor PE and have decided to spend our grant on:
- Hiring qualified sports coaches to work with teachers when teaching PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport.
- Paying for extra swimming coaches to increase the number of proficient swimmers at the end of KS2.
- Providing cover to release teachers to increase participation in the School Games.
- Providing a wider variety of free sports clubs to increase participation in physical activity and sport.
- Buying new equipment for PE and sports to improve provision.
- To monitor the expenditure of the Sports Premium Funding to see which elements have sustainable impact.
We ensure that the impact of the sports grant extends beyond the life of the grant, by having a high focus on staff development and training.
Full details of how much PE and Sport Grant we have received and exactly how we are spending it and plan to spend it in the future can be seen in the download documents at the bottom of this page: